Monday 23 June 2014

Week 49: END OF EXAMS!

Monday was spent being studious, preparing for my last remote sensing exam. My exams went relatively well on Tuesday morning. I luckily checked my exams time and seat at 8.30 and realised my exam was at 9.00 and not 9.30 as I thought. After my exams I headed over to Unibar with some people from my course. We had some food, drinks and played a few games of pool! I picked up some thai food on the way home and watch some of the world cup. During the evening we played touch and apparently drew... we thought we had lost but hey. Upon returning to KB we put Sherlock number 2 on.

Wednesday I headed down to the beach after a lie in. I had a swim and enjoyed a walk up the beach. In the evening we got ready for the second State of Origin match. If you read a few weeks ago we had game 1 which NSW somehow won. The first half was a bit of a stinker with all the players throwing their handbags at each other but the second half really got going and we were on the edge of our seats. NSW grabbed a try late on and managed to hold on for a historic victory. The night of sport was not over yet. We stayed up to watch the Aus soccer match against Netherlands. There was a good 30 mins where I though the Socceroos were going to do the inevitable and beat the Netherlands but alas 2 goals later Australia were dumped out of the world cup. What a goal by Timmy Cahill though!



I took the opportunity of no exams to have a lie in and managed to get into Uni to show my wave exposure model GREMO to some visitors to Uni. In the afternoon I worked on another application for work, fingers crossed eh!  On friday I went in for a meeting at Uni and then headed off on the train to Sydney. I met up with a UEA friend and we headed out for Sushi dinner. I tried eel and octopus puff, they were... interesting to say the least. We had a walk around the Winter Festival in Darling Harbour and stopped off for a few drinks in a bar overlooking Darling Harbour. I then headed off to meet up with my global buddy in Bungalow 8, I said to myself I would never be that guy on the dancefloor with a backpack on but I was for a brief period. I met some folks from the Navy, you know as you do, before heading back to Sutherland to crash.


Who is this kid?!

Breakfast came in the form of Taco's, classic student! I managed to scab a lift to the station and headed back in to Sydney to meet up with Evan, who I met in NZ. I showed him and his gf around Darling Harbour, Circular Quay, the Rocks, and grabbed a delicious gourmet wrap for lunch. We then headed up the Sky Tower and got stunning views across Sydney in glorious sunshine. I had just enough time to show them Paddy's markets before jumping on the train back.






The week ended with a lunchtime trip to San Churro with a few pees, I destroyed a lovely sundae. After this we headed over to shellharbour for a trip and wandered around the shops. We only bought a bit of grog and by this time it was gone 5pm. The evening was spent pretty chilled out as per usual :).


No comments:

Post a Comment