Sunday 13 April 2014

Week 39: Wet wet wet

Monday kicked off with classes all day. We then headed out to North Gong in the evening for two friends birthdays and got some amazing $10 steaks and a few drinks.



It wasn't a late on as we had plans for Tuesday night. Tuesday daytime passed infront of a computer as too many of my days seem to be! In the evening we got our grog on playing a Pokemon drinking game. It was basically a board game but pokemon themed, even so it was a great laugh, reminiscing the old days.

Wednesday came around and I smashed out more work, then hit the beach, before we assembled at Unibar for the quiz. Its safe to say I had no idea on the majority of the questions which so happened to be all artsy and history... YAWN. But I did get the question "What is the study of Limnology?" Right... the answer is the sutdy of inland water bodies. We had an intermission before we headed out to the grand for a classic wednesday night. I also received a care package from Mum which was really good :) with lots of photos from our family holiday over Christmas and New Year!



Thursday rolled around and sitting infront of a computer screen was not the most enjoyable experience but after a lot of stress I managed to eventually make some headway with my project... after 4.30pm, particularly annoying when I arrived at about 11am. But hey, thats the way it goes sometimes. In the evening we all gathered and watched Pirates of the Caribbean, the first one, such a classic film. We once again reminisced and were amazed how long ago it came out.

Friday morning I managed to smash out a decent amount of work before having 3 hour lunch break to head down to the beach. We headed out on my surfboard and caught quite a few waves, the rain came over whilst we were out but it wasnt cold so it didnt really bother us. I squeezed in another hours or so's work before I made it to Friday Fitness, I really need to be able to make more of these.

I was up nice and early on saturday to head off on my day-long fieldtrip to the Minnamurra river. We spent the morning in and out of the buses looking at different sections of the river before being dropped off, quite upstream to complete an analysis of the river. I got a bit soaked holding the level in a field in the rain, but once I got on the dumpy we sped up quite a bit, and the data look relatively good. We did a cross river profile and an along-river profile which meant me standing in the middle of a river, so fun :).



Sunday came around and I spent all day in the library... YAY. I did manage to get out for an 8.8km run which wasn't fast but much needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment