Sunday 6 April 2014

Week 38: KBV Camping

Its sunday again and as it is chucking it down with rain I have taken the time to give my blog a little facelift. I have put a slideshow of my flickr pictures over on the top right of the page and the background is a picture of ice from the Franz Josef glacier in New Zealand.

So, to this week. Monday and tuesday flew past in a blur of study and classes as usual. I did make a mean chicken in a bay dish on monday night with mash and veggies it was to die for! Also on tuesday I headed out for an afternoon surf which was once again was great fun, I then whipped up an amazing BBQ chicken and bacon sarnie YUM!




I spend all day wednesday representing UEA at the UOW exchange fair, so I was on a stall representing the English Uni's and were answering questions from people who are thinking of going on exchange. It was a gorgeous day and we had a steady stream of people looking at coming over to the UK. In the late afternoon I headed back out for a surf.

For the life of me I cant remember what I did on thursday, I think I went for a morning surf and then down to Uni to have a meeting about my independent project. Which is coming along steadily im currently running a variety of iterations using my model and observing the outputs. I think it was thursday that whilst out sitting on my board just past the breakers I had a 4-5ft stingray swim right underneath me... pretty damn cool!

Friday daytime was spent studying and trying to get as far ahead as possible. Then we all packed our bags and headed down to Shellharbour, Killalea to be precise for KB camping. By the time I arrived we were just chilling out playing some frisbee and card games. Dinner arrived and we cooked up burgers, snags and onions which were greatly needed. We spent the night chatting with a few drinks, staring into the fire and a the stars. It was only once we had gone to bed did we realise how squeaky the mattresses were!




We kicked off saturday with a killer breakfast of bacon and eggs and all headed down to the nearby beach. As we walked down the hill to the beach we were greeted with the most perfect waves I think I have ever seen. This was reflected by the amount of surfers out in the water. Im just going to go oceanographer geek for a moment... these waves were just beautiful, perfect form and broke along the beach amamzingly. So we headed out for a body surf and had some of the best waves we had experienced so far! We jumped back in the car and headed back to KB and I fancied another surf... so this time wasnt quite so successful. I definitely came out with lots more injuries than I went in with, but you cant win them all I guess. The evening rolled around and I made some nice meatballs in a tomato sauce with garlic bread before heading over to a friends to watch Slumdog Millionnaire, not a bad film actually :).  

I was up and raring to go on sunday, I came across a free KB bbq and then headed out to play KB sports, a bit of frisbee and soccer was good fun... and then the rain came... its been raining pretty much since then so I decided to sort my photos out and change my blog a bit. This evening we have planned a trip to go and see the Lego Movie... I know right :) should be good!

No comments:

Post a Comment