Monday 21 April 2014

Week 40: And up to Brisbane, Gold Coast and Surfers Paradise

So the final week before mid-session break begun as all other weeks have, monday and tuesday spent doing work and the evening spent watching Games of Thrones! Tuesday evening I packed up as much stuff as I could fit in my duffle bag ready for my mid-session break adventures. Wednesday I finished my classes and then made my way to the airport. It was the quickest flight of my life, I spent most of it on Google Earth on my laptop drawing a line down a river... so fun right! Next thing I know I land and get in touch with Eddy (I have been told to tell the world that Eddy is a girl! Happy? :P ), who was picking me up from the Gold Coast Airport. But it turns out along with the change in time of my flight (via email a few weeks ago) they changed to destination to Brisbane. So I rocked up at the wrong airport... Oops! Haha. But with a slight change in plans we met up at Eddy's Brissy place with Richard aswell!

Wrong airport! LOL!

I spent thursday chilling in Brissy doing some study and in the evening we headed out for a night out at a place called the Indooroopilly, it was a good standard student night out! We drove out to Eddy's Gold Coast Place which was an amazing house set in a beautiful valley, it was absolutely stunning. We headed out for a walk and a paddle in the creek, which has interesting recently been in flood and there was loads of debris high up on the banks. In preparation for the Easter Party, we made some jelly shots and some chocolate eggs with jelly inside them, pretty cool! Dinner came in the form of a beautiful roast lamb and we spent the rest of the evening playing a card game called Canaster, after a couple of rounds I was dismally behind but rallied and made a spectacular comeback to win :).






Saturday morning was a relatively early start and headed out to a self defence lesson which was great fun learning a few self defence moves and maybe one day it will come in use. We stopped off at a few shops on the way back and prepared for the Easter Party. Mid-arvo lots of people started rocking up and we played a very interesting darts game to start off, you set up some beer cans infront of two chairs opposite each other and have to piece your opponents can, it was messy but fun nonetheless. Then we headed down to the field and played a bit of an egg and spoon obstacle race, then a game of ultimate frisbee before we made a trip down to the creek for a swim. The water was nice and cool, but for some reason warm near the bottom, very odd! By this time we devoured a massive lasagne between us all for dinner and continued the night with yarns and some kings.

Darts game :)
Sunday came around and I awoke feeling worse for ware so headed out for a jog, I managed a very slow 7 ish km jog in the high 20's degree heat. It was very painful and sweaty but it made a good start at feeling better.


Beautiful house in a beautiful location! 
We sat down for a lovely lunch of chicken pie and an array of salads. We spent the afternoon sorting bits and bobs for our upcoming camping trip. In the evening we made the trip to Eddy's Surfers Paradise place and headed out for a brief drink (I had a mango beer... interesting!) and very brief night out before coming home fairly early to get a good nights sleep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment