Sunday 23 March 2014

Week 36: Happy Birthday Kooloobong

The week once again kicked off with a full day of study. I sent Eddy on her way at lunchtime and rounded off the day watching a bit of the Hobbit. Tuesday went in a similar vein, lots of study but I did manage to get out for a surf in the afternoon which was good.


Wednesday once again was jam packed of study and class... fun fun! I did make an awesome steak with a sweet chilli, bbq, tomato-ey sauce which was to die for! We had some drinks and yarns in the evening, but I decided against going out.


Thursday once again was spent at Uni trying to get my independent project going, getting the model running is providing some challenges, more on data acquisition than the model itself. I did watch battlefield in the evening, a very classic American Navy movie!

Friday was a bit more exciting! Kooloobong Village had its first birthday which is pretty cool, so we sang happy birthday... yes... to a building! There was a great cake bought in for the occasion. The afternoon passed having a water fight at KB Karnival which was cool. We had a bouncy castle, slip and slide and pool set up outside.


In the evening we went down to UOW Global Buddies cocktail party, it eventually got busy and it was good chatting to people from all over the world. The cocktails they were serving were given to us in a teapot which was really cool! We then headed over to the Little Prince, which was an even fancier cocktail place and I got a watermelon cocktail which went down very well, but alas tiredness had set in and we headed back around midnight.


The weekend rolled around and I spent a lot of saturday trying to get ahead in my assignments. Sandwiched in the this was a great game of touch footy, very humid and sweaty as you can imagine. I am proud to say I got a try or two! In the evening we all dressed up smart and headed down to the patch for a friends 21st birthday, after some cheeky pre-drinks. It was a great night, especially the toast of free vodka shots and then a few more later on, we all got rowdy and enjoyed ourselves immensely!



Photos courtesy of Kimberley Hurst! 
Vodka shots!

Its safe to say sunday was a late start! I headed down to the beach for a surf which soothed the sore head a few hours later i headed back to KB and sat down to watch the footy. Five mins in I was invited to go surfing again, so I donned my swimmers and we headed back out there. We stopped off at Woolies on the way back and I made a monstrous spag bol for dinns.

No comments:

Post a Comment