Sunday 9 March 2014

Week 34: Beach and lots of Footy

Week 1 of uni started off with a very busy monday. I kicked off with a 2hr remote sensing lecture, then a lunch break. The arvo consisted of a fluvial geomorphology lecture and then field trip down to a creek in Wollongong. We used a dumpy and level to profile a cross-section of the river. It was great fun diving through the undergrowth and I didn't come across any dangerous snakes or spiders thankfully! I spent the evening doing a bit of work and then I went to KB inspirational talk which was a TED talk off youtube... pretty good actually. Tuesday was spent down at a meeting at Uni, then I headed to the beach and finished the day with a KB food lesson.

I kicked off Wednesday with a great swim in the pool, then hit my lecture. The sunny day was completely flipped when a great thunderstorm came rolling across. We headed up to 4th floor and watched the sky change from blue to dark grey with torrential rain, thunder and lightening. In the evening we headed out to Hostage and The Grand, as per it was great fun, any night that ends with waffles has to be an amazing night lets face it. The highlight of thursday was heading down to play some barefoot bowls for a friends birthday. Never played before but it was great fun, especially when we had about 10 vs 10 on the green. I finished off the evening watching the first of 4 footy matches over the extended weekend.

Awesome storm clouds over Wollongong

Fiday passed very quickly, I hit the beach, then played some 5 vs 5 touch football, which was great fun actually before heading to KB fitness and finishing off the day watching another footy match. Saturday passed in a similar vain, beach and footy. By the evening I felt myself coming down with a cold or virus. Sunday was spent pretty much exclusively in my room and flat feeling pretty grim. I watched a few movies and then another footy game. The plan is to rest up before I get busy again next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment