Sunday 24 November 2013

Week 19: Exam Celebrations :)

So I kicked the week off with my last exam. It was the coasts exams, which was by far the hardest exam, it actually felt like a third year exam. Even so it went well and the exams results will be interesting! We had some chilled drinks that evening as quite a few people had finished, which is always fun.

Tpical Aussi... "Serving Suggestion: Bloody Cold"
I kicked off my freedom by hitting the beach, before being invited to fishnets for lunch with a few of the lads. We got HUGE burgers and chips for amazingly cheap, somehow I finished the majority of my plate which filled a big hole in my stomach. The picture does not do it justice! Later on I headed back to the beach and caught some more rays. Up until wednesday night I spent most of my time on the beach.

Amazing Fishnets Burger
So wednesday evening we headed out to a friends houseparty and played a few games before heading out to glassy. Once we got back to KB we decided to head down to watch the sunrise for a good friends last night in the Gong. We took a load of blankets and had a good morning on the beach watching the sun rise, despite it being a bit cloudy. We got an amazing brekkie roll from the Kiosk and headed back to KB.

Great Morning!
Its safe to say that not much was achieved on thursday but I did manage to head up to mt keira and back in the late afternoon. We also had a small gathering in the evening but I didn't last long as I was rather tired! Friday was a late start, unsurprisingly! I headed down to the station to pick up a friend for the station before making an amazing spag bol and then we had some more chilled drinks in the evening.

Sitting rather precariously up Mt Keira :)
Hello Mr Kookaburra
Saturday we went for a walk up mt keira but decided to give up as it was so humid and hot. We took a little tour around Wollongong and came back to eat up all the food that has been left by my roomates. They all have now left. Its weird being the first in the place and the last out. So tonight is my last night in KB for 2013, it has been a great semester and I am so excited for next session. But before then it looks like I have a lot of travelling to do :).

Check out all the stuff that has been donated by KB residents! Good effort!
Sunday I packed up all my stuff which went well, not too much stuff, before hitting the beach. The surf was not at its best but the sun was out and lots of soduku puzzles were completed, yeah because im geeky like that. In the evening I was kindly transported up to Sutherland with my stuff to store for the summer. Also this kicked off the start of my Grand Tour of New South Wales. Kicking off in Sutherland or I should say Illawong, I have had my first "home cooked" meal and to keep tradition it was a BBQ with salad and a yummy potato bake. Its safe to say I have a great food belly going on!

Goodbye for now KB, its been a phenomenal semester!
That's it for now, I have a slight suspicion that the upcoming weeks are going to be rather more interesting to read so get keen folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment