Sunday 17 November 2013

Week 18: Sydney Electric Run

So the week kicked off in phenomenally exciting style, with exams for GIS and Water Management on monday and tuesday. These went fairly well, I was really shocked at the amount of questions I could chose from for Water, I think there were about 20 different combinations of questions I could have taken. Coinciding with these exams we had two days of pretty grim weather, grey and rainy all day unfortunately. I look up the stats on the BOM and it turns out we had over 100mm of rain in two days! To give a comparison Norwich usually gets about 600mm in a year!

After my tuesday exam I headed off for my usual jog to the beach (although I ended up doing over 8km), and was planning on going for a bit of a swim, but it turned out all the rainy and stormy weather meant that the red flags were up at the beach. Instead I headed around to the harbour to see the waves crashing over the harbour wall. It was a very picturesc and I got a couple of great shots.

Lucky photo! 



A reminder of Finding Nemo :) Pelicans are BIG!

Its safe to say I was very relieved to find myself waking up on wednesday morning two exams down. So I headed off to have a mosey around town and get some food in, before hitting the beach. The sun tried to come out for my but it was struggling so I didnt last long.


Thursday I woke up with the sun gleaming down. So, to maintain tradition it seems, I headed down to the beach for a days 'revision' on the beach. I packed up a little picnic and took my coasts textbook. After some reading, swimming, chatting and sun bathing I managed to amble back to KB after a cheeky 5 hour beach session. Its safe to say that I got a great tan that day, I was described as being two-toned with my tan lines! I only had slight sun burn on my thighs which I was proud of.

Picnic :)

Friday was spent getting the revision in early with a tough session of fitness. A very tiring 1000 rep circuit. My upper abs are still hurting today. Saturday daytime was a similar affair studying for coasts. But in the late arvo we all got kitted up in our Electric Run gear and headed off to Sydney. So the Electric Run is a charity 5km run which is done in the dark and they put loads of cool lighting up and have music going as you go around. We made the short journey up to Sydney Olympic Park and had a subway dinner (yum as ever), we glow sticked up with hundreds of glow sticks, and painted up with some paint we found and got in the queue. After an hour wait in the rain we eventually got set on our way at a decent jog, but this quickly turned into a walk with the amount of people there were going around. Unfortunately we think the rain caused a bit of havoc with the organising of the event, but even for we all were having a great time dancing along in the lights and music. This was without doubt the highlight of the week and a much needed break from the study and a bit of change of scenery at the same time. Its safe to say trying to clean the paint off myself once we got back wasnt the easiest and my white shorts fell victim to the paint but even so it was a great evening.





So writing this it is 7pm in the evening, I just got distracted for about an hour putting the christmas tree up in the foyer, ultimate procrastination right! It feels very peculiar putting up a christmas tree in shorts and a t-shirt surround by KB people rather than doing it in the cold with my family. The plan for tonight it to try and do as much revision as possible, failing that pizza for dinner and an early night.

Very early for Christmas but hey ho! 


No comments:

Post a Comment