Sunday 20 October 2013

Week 14: Happy Pants (Trousers!), Daniel Churchill Masterchef Lesson and much much more!

It feels so long since I wrote week 13, its been a pretty busy week this week!

We welcomed in this week with a fire alarm at midnight on sunday night... me and my flatmate were part way through watching Oblivion ( the one with Tom Cruise in, pretty good actually with some very unexpected twists) and the fire alarm kicked in... yay! To be honest when its 20 degrees outside its not that bad, I remember fire alarms at UEA when its raining and freezing cold outside brrr!!

So the week kicked off with a productive day making a decent start on my GIS project (Habitat Mapping on Lord Howe Island if you were interested) and finished off two assignments. The productive day before turned quite sour after my memory stick decided to corrupt its self losing everything on my stick! Times like those are when I am glad I am organised and tech savvy, luckily I backed up my stuff only a week before... phew! 

So Tuesday was spent catching up on the GIS I had lost the day before and it didn't take too long at all. Once you know what to do on GIS it is a breeze! Tuesday evening there was a Global Buddies meet up at North Gong Pub, a nice little evening with my global buddy catching up on the past few weeks. I represented my country by wearing my t-shirt with London on it... represent! 

Wednesday was also spent doing work... its that time in the session where there are exams and deadlines coming up and im trying to get ahead! After coming back from my lecture I noticed a really weirdly coloured cloud... turns out it was smoke from the bush fires in the mountains. Eek! There are massive blazes going on west of Sydney and west of Wollongong. Everyone is saying how early in the season they have started and this year is going to be a hot one... i cant decide where thats good or bad I have never stayed anywhere for a long time where the temperatures are 40+ degrees. Late afternoon I headed out for a 7km run to the beach and back... I seriously love being able to hit the beach whenever I want! In the evening we went to hostage and glassy, free transport and free entry is definitely the way forward. Take note Norwich. We had an early night and I came back and wolfed down a lot of garlic bread.




Thursday I made the trip to Woolies to stock up, so much food nom nom nom. In the evening we had KB Dinner Under the Stars, they arranged Italian food, music and converted the courtyard with table cloths and loads of candles. It was a great evening just chilling and chatting to everyone and we all dressed up smart for the occasion, I even wore a tie... dun dun dunnn. The bottle of red wine was pretty good aswell and lets face it how epic is the label! 





Friday was spent getting ready for my Fluorine presentation on tuesday, I need quite a bit more practice i think... Friday fitness was a tough one this week, I am starting to really hate doing burpee's ah well its all good for me. There was a doctors and nurses chairty event at the Patch (I think you would call it a pub!), everyone else made a real effort I was impressed but I wasn't too organised and just went smart ish. A lot of money was raised for a Cancer charity, we even got a lift back (a big thank you), once returning I once again stuffed my face with raisin toast yum yum yum and jam on toast.

Happy Pants Saturday! Ok so KB ordered a whole load of very very baggy pants (TROUSERS!) with an impossibly low crotch and we had a massive tie dying session. We made only a little mess! I was about to choose red white and blue for UK/AUS colours but decided again the red so went for good old blue and white. Lets just say our elastic band technique showed a lot about us, some were very neat, some were wacky and mine was just crazy... it ended up as a solid lump of elastic and cloth. After drying they came out pretty epic!!! I know what ill be wearing for the rest of my time here... and I am really tempted to rock up back at home wearing them I can picture my mums face if I was to come through arrivals wearing these! In the evening we made an appearance at a house party with a cheeky bit of red label scotch and once again ended the evening stuffing my face with toast and jam nom nom nom. Not before having a photo shoot infront of the Uni of Wollongong sign tehe.




 
And we have got to today, I met up with my Fluorine group this morning and they were really impressed with KB. We then had a cooking lesson from Daniel Churchill who was on Australian Masterchef, what a great guy! He showed us so many little tips and trick with some great laughs along the way. I even asked him how to improve my Tuna pasta bake so ill let you know how that works out :). It was such an amazing afternoon and I have picked up quite a few more tips and tricks that I can use in the kitchen, especially the lemon and thyme chicken I cannot wait to try that out!  I will definitely keep an eye out for Daniel on tv and for his cookbooks, hint hint mum for a christmas present.

Daniel Churchill... Top Guy!














So that ends a really great week living the life down under.



No comments:

Post a Comment