Sunday 13 October 2013

Week 13: Hot Hot Hot!!!

Week 13 coming at you!

So this Monday was Labour Day, still don't quite get the concept of it but hey ho, day off! And boy did I need it, I didn't see the morning at all and had a quiet day studying, I hit the library and nearly polished off two of my assignment... theyre only a couple weeks early!

Tuesday I was surprised to receive a care package from home! Check out the amount of stamps mum had to put on it. It was just what I needed, a bit of a pick me up. The only thing that I haven't yet used/eaten is the chocolate :) saving that for when I run out of real food. Tuesday was another day hitting the book, trying to get through some lecture material and my two assignments.



As part of my coasts module we once again headed off in the minibus for a field trip... UEA take note field trips pretty much every other week to stunning coastal locations! This time we headed down to the Kiama area to check out some rock platforms, the sun was beautiful as ever! After getting back I headed out for a cheeky jog... 7km later I had reached North Beach and got back to Uni, very hot and sweaty yum....  Wednesday we had the inaugural night out, hostage then glassy. I think it was the shortest night out I have ever had but it was still really great fun! And it meant I got a decent nights sleep, always a bonus.

Random pose.... don't ask! 
Thursday I headed off to my favourite shop in the world.... the farmers market whoop whoop and bought so much fresh fruit, veg and meat! I killed some more work work in the afternoon. For dinner I made an epic chicken in a bag for me and my flatmate... we had chicken drumsticks, loads of veg and then spices aswell. It was sooooo goooooooood.

Ooo the weather, hence the title of this blog. So thursday we had a scorcher of a day, we reached temperatures of 36 degrees... now that is hot for an Englishman! In the evening, although it was still high twenties in temperature, I headed down to Oktoberfest. I think the idea of Oktober fest is to celebrate being German or perhaps an excuse for everyone to enjoy beer? Anywho we ordered a "stein" of cider, 5 seeds cider which is the usual at Unibar and it was gooood. The only irony is that a stein is meant to be pretty big yet the glass we were given was still less than a pint!  


Guess what happened on friday? More study! Thats right... although I did finish both of my assignments and almost printed them before bumping into a friend and being invited to the beach... how could I say no! Another beautiful on the beach before we headed back and I went to KB fitness. This week at fitness we worked the legs... to death! Lots of sweat and a bit of pain later I limped to the shower. Instead of silly saturday we moved it to freaky friday and had some goon related drinks and multiple banter. The culmination of which was throwing toilet roll at the fan.

Goon....
Toilet roll spiral!
I awoke late for KB sports on Saturday so bleary eyed stumbled down and played some basketball and soccer... (don't get me started on the football/soccer argument, haha). After which, everyone seemed to be doing work so I headed down to the beach again... loving the life aren't I !!! I chilled down there catching some rays doing my Sudoku like a cool kid :).


Any guesses for what I did on Sunday? BEACH!!!!!!! Todays beach day was by far the most extreme... 34 degree heat and some insane waves. My guess would be 6-7ft. After today I now understand why they say swim between the flags! A strong current was sucking us all out to sea inbetween the huge waves. I caught a few and headed back in but just as I got back to the beach the lifeguards all jumped into action and took the boat out to save some people who got themselves too far out. Check out my salty eyelashes, how random is that?!

Slightly creepy expression but check out the salty eyelashes


Ooo on a nature note, in the heat apparently the snakes come out to play... I am yet to see one but I did see this fella at some point in the week, i cant remember when!










No comments:

Post a Comment