Sunday 4 May 2014

Week 42: Colour Run!

I woke up nice and early monday morning, 6.30am, in order to dash to Brisbane airport and head back to Sydney. I got the train back from Sydney airport and managed to make it back in time for my fieldtrip. For our fieldtrip we drove up to Scarborough and looked at alluvial deposits in the Hawkesbury sandstone on the cliffs and rock platforms. Clambering over the rocks was pretty fun, except the slipping and cutting my hand and arm bit.
Fieldtrips to places like this! Only in Australia :)

Tuesday went past relatively quickly and uneventfully, I did some work, went to the beach for a brief swim as it has started to cool off now then did some food shopping, before making an amazing risotto, finishing off the day watching Game of Thrones. Wednesday passed in a similar blur but instead this time I spent a good 11hrs studying. Thursday I finished my assignment and handed it in. I make a fairly bland teryaki chicken for dinner before making an appearance at some predrinks before heading to bed for a good sleep.

Risotto mmm (with wine as the secret ingrediant)


Friday was slightly more exiting... I got my haircut! Crazy I know! Then did 278 slides of lecture notes... where has this week gone? In a blur of study :|. Saturday was another early start as I was off on another fieldtrip, this time to Bundeena. The rain held off and we had a surprisingly good day learning about 6 different channels that formed in the Triassic period. I came home and spent the evening writing up some notes.

The highlight of this week was the colour run! Its a 5km "run" and you get coloured dye thrown over you as you go. It was heaps of fun, a group of 8 or so of us all stuck together and had great fun getting all colourful! It was worth getting up before 7am for, definitely. In the afternoon I finished off some Geology reports and then went for a chilly swim and walk along the beach.







Not one for selfies but this had to be done!

Not too much to rave about this week, I guess every week cannot be full of new experiences and exciting adventured. Although next week will be!

No comments:

Post a Comment