Tuesday 18 February 2014

Week 31: Recovering... sort of

The beginning of the week was pretty chilled, I went to town three times to get thongs (flip flops). Apparently adults thongs rarely come in size 7, how silly is that. I eventually decided to buy an 8 and manage with them. I also did some food shopping at the farmers market and woolies. Monday and Tuesday evenings were spent at friends houses catching up with everyone.

Wednesday came around and I spent the majority of the day writing up my blog for NZ, in the evening we had some free waffles, which were delicious as ever. Next thing I know Thursday has arrived and I had a meeting about my project for this session, did some job application bits and bobs then started watching the 3rd series of Sherlock... How good is it?!

The weekend kicked off on Friday morning, six of us got our overnight bags together and made a very length journey to Werris Creek for a 21st party. We left KB at 10.30 and jumped on the train for 6 hours, then got picked up and had a further 1.5 hrs by car. It was a pretty long way but we passed the time paying card games and chatting. Amazingly the train ticket only cost $4.30! My mind was truly blown! We arrived at about 8.30 pm and I went out with the family to feed the cows and then got to ride a quad bike over the farm which was heaps of fun! 



We were served up a well received spag bol, by this time we had started a few beers. Fast-forward 5 hours, we had played loads of cricket slips and were ready for bed. An amazing brekkie of eggs and bacon was cooked up for about 20 of us which went down a treat. The whole of Saturday was spent mucking about outside playing frisbee, tennis (on their very own tennis court, how cool!), slips and chilling out in the paddling pool. 




The whole weekend was so hot, humid and we were being swarmed with flies. By about 4 o clock the celebrations began and the first of 25 cases of beer were opened. Even more people arrived throughout the night and by dinnertime there must have easily been 50-60 people on their 5000 acre farm in the middle of the countryside. Steaks and chicken was cooked for dinner with rolls and coleslaw... delicious was an understatement. Somehow we made it to 3.30am before deciding to call it a night. The morning came all too quickly so I moved from sleeping in the tent to inside and managed to grab a bed and got a few more hours sleep which were well needed. It was a sluggish morning spent saying bye to people and then some inbetweeners. We grabbed a quick lunch and decided to head out with their boat to a dam and try out some tubing and water skiing. I was of course first in the water on an inflatable tube and was towed around the lake. It was so much fun but so tiring on the arms, I did stack it quite a few times which were slightly painful but equally fun. The weather came in a bit so we chilled a bit and managed to make a quick attempt at water skiing before we left. I somehow managed to get up third time and once I got the hang of it managed to stay up for a good 20-30 seconds. Although when I fell down the ski's kept slipping off my little feet. 


We headed back to Werris Creek in the rain for a cool sunset and a lovely dinner. The evening passed quickly watching TV before I got a very early night. 








No comments:

Post a Comment