Sunday 25 August 2013

Week 6: Battle of the Bands and Mt Keira

So its week 6... wow! Monday night we watched Monsters University in the basement of KB, such a great movie! Oh it wound back the years.
Tuesday was a bit of a non-event with essay work and a massive shop in Woolworths.
Wednesday came around and we headed off for another field trip with the coasts modules. We headed down to Hill 60, which has three beaches of scientific importance… I think. Then the evening was glassy’s no pants party (and by that I mean no trousers!). Another epic night with the KB crowd with only a few bumps and scrapes, darn train station handrail.
On Thursday I headed down to the Band Competition at Uni Bar with my international buddy. The bands were so great and I seriously need to get some of their CD’s!

Battle of the bands with my international buddy!


Friday I smashed my essay and finished it 5 days early, boom! Then headed down to Leisure Coast/Farmers Market… my favourite shop fo sho! So I should be set for food for a long time. In the evening I headed up to my international buddies house in Sydney for a house party, we got such good dominoes and played some great games! Her house was insane… massive tv’s, sofas everywhere and to top it off a swimming pool :O !

Sydney House Party :)
Saturday I headed back to the Gong via an awesome roll shop in Sutherland! In the afternoon we played a bit of frisbee in the courtyard and gave up after we managed to get it stuck on the roof... we eventually got it down!
Saving the frisbee!
 Mount Keira was the goal for Sunday morning, an early 9am start (for a sunday) we headed up there on foot and made it in about 1h45, with only a minor unintentional detour. On our way we bumped into two Kookaburras, which were pretty awesome! The view at the top was brilliant! Definitely one of my favourite views. They say a picture is worth a thousand words...



Ive also started going swimming regularly at the UOW URAC pool which is so awesome its outdoor and heated! Its so great going for a swim after lectures and it not being freezing!

And some pics from a couple of weeks ago.
Underwater pic from the beach

Photo-bombed by all black supporters! 


No comments:

Post a Comment