Sunday 19 May 2013

Arg the hangover! So many memories!

So these last two nights out have been without a shadow of a doubt the best two nights out EVER, go out with a bang so they say. Wonderland and the LCR will never be forgotten.  It is soo weird to be leaving for a year leaving all these amazing people behind, tears have been and will be shed. It still feels like yesterday that I was a wee fresher, 2 years later, i still feel pretty fresher like. Best two years of my life so a massive thank  you to UEA, Env, Korfball ahhh it will be hard to leave when it feels like I have just found my place here with everyone. Looking forward to an epic 4th year back in Norwich though, there should be a great crowd here still so ill keep my fingers crossed. Before then... Australia and the Gong are beforth me, well 2 months away but I have a feeling it is going to fly by.

I have to confess that I am not used to writing about myself and its taking quite a bit of getting used to. Perhaps the thumping head and growling stomach dont help but oh well :) it was worth it!!

So...
  • Flights are booked with emirates it looks relatively luxurious compared to the likes of easyjet and ryan air. 24 hour or so flight ouch! Stopping off at Dubai for a couple of hours and arriving at Sydney a day later. 
  • Visa has been applied for and approved :). 
  • Accommodation at UOW has been applied for, fingers crossed that I will get my first choice of the brand spanking new Kooloobong Village, if not oh well I will make the most of it :). 
  • I have provisionally chose my modules, lots on water management and the coastlines which should be interesting, GIS thrown in there for good measure. I cant decide whether to take a completely random module for my free choice, if I do i dont know what... have to investigate further there I think. 
  • Travel insurance done! 
Anyone looking to do any travelling or year abroad check out STA travel, they have a shop in Norwich (and 100's worldwide, theres one in Wollongong), they have been really great, good prices, great advice. 




No comments:

Post a Comment